HIV & syphilis testing
In Bradford we offer fast free and confidential HIV and Syphilis testing, and results in 5 minutes.
As lockdown ends, we will be continuing our practices to keep our staff and service users safe:
- Please wear a face covering when entering our buildings (we can provide these for you if you haven't got one).
- Hand sanitising stations will be available.
- We will clean regular touch points between appointments.
- Please do not attend if you have COVID-19 symptoms, or if you have been in contact with COVID-19 in the past 72 hours. We will give you a call before your appointment to confirm this.
We are continuing with these practices so that we can increase the number of appointments available. Appointments will need to be booked in advance at bookatest.mesmac.co.uk.
We are still offering 1-2-1 support over the phone. To access this, please contact:
Wellington- 07872 398 573, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jonathan- 07810 550 534, email@example.com
Ryan- 07709 673 780, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are aged over 16 with a BD postcode, SH24 provide different tests depending on risk and answers to certain questions. HIV testing is available via this service.
Our services include:
- HIV tests which are accurate at 12 weeks and the results will come back in 5 minutes.
- Syphilis tests which are accurate at 4 weeks and the results will come back in 5 minutes. We recommend you testing even if you used a condom as Syphilis can be transmitted even with protection.
First Tuesday of the month 4-7pm - anyone welcome
First Thursday of the month 5-8pm - anyone welcome
Third Saturday of the month 12-3pm
First Friday of the month 12-4pm
Members of all faith communities are welcome to come and talk to our staff in a safe, warm, welcoming and confidential space about your sexual health.
Last Friday of the month - 1pm-3pm - for men who have sex with other men
307 Manningham Lane
25 Hallfield Road, Bradford, BD1 3RP
First Thursday of the month 3pm-7pm
Upstairs in the Student Union - all communities welcome
Last Tuesday of the month 1.30 to 3.30pm
First Tuesday of the month 11.30am to 1.30pm all communities welcome
Last Tuesday of the month 11am to 3pm - all communities welcome
Please call the Bradford office on 01274 395 815 or 01274 740548 to book an appointment if you can't make these sessions.
We currently only offer HIV and Syphilis testing. For full STI testing you can go to Locala, to find out about other screening options in Bradford - 0300 304 5555
You can access home testing service through SH:24. They are a postal service that operate in the BD area and they provide different tests depending on risk and answers to certain questions. HIV testing is available via this service. They provide services for people aged 16 upwards.
Their website is: https://sh24.org.uk/