Welcome to the Vacancies section of Yorkshire MESMAC's website. All of our vacancies for staff will be posted here as they arise.
We are seeking to appoint a: Digital Engagement Worker – Bradford (14hrs)
The overall aim is to
- To utilise digital media and platforms, to reduce the incidence of HIV, STIs and risky sexual behaviour in Bradford. To ensure that people in Bradford have access to high quality appropriate, accessible information and effective signposting online.
The primary objectives of the post are:
- To offer design and graphics support to staff developing printed resources and ambient media.
- To ensure that service users have access to accurate information about the range of local sexual health, mental health and wellbeing services available.
Tasks and responsibilities
This is not the full list – please refer to the application pack which contains more information
- To ensure digital content is comprehensive, current and accurate.
- To make appropriate and timely updates to the Yorkshire MESMAC Website
- To increase community reach on a variety of platforms e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Bareback RT, African Singles and Adult Works.
- To train staff and volunteers to use digital platforms in their health promotion activity.
- To work with staff and partner agencies to develop online sexual health ‘self-assessment tools.’
- To take the lead in developing the ‘graphic personality’ of Yorkshire MESMAC resources.
- To liaise with web designers to ensure that Yorkshire MESMAC website remains current.
Salary: NJC Scale 26 - 28 starting at £23,398 pro rata for 14 hours per week for a 2 year fixed term contract (with the possibility of a 12 month extension) + 5% workplace pension and membership of Simply Health (on completion of probationary period) – salary is reviewed annually.
Application packs can be downloaded HERE
Closing date is: Noon on Monday 28th May 2018
Please note that late applications and CV’s will not be accepted
Interviews for the post will be held on Wednesday 6th June 2018
We are striving to be an equal opportunities employer, and as such we welcome applications from all sections of the community. (Charity no 1040407).
We are a Disability Confident Employer:
As a Disability Confident Employer we:
• Have undertaken and successfully completed the Disability Confident
• Are taking all of the core actions to be a Disability Confident employer
• Are offering at least one activity to get the right people for our business and at least one activity to keep and develop our people.