Welcome to the Vacancies section of Yorkshire MESMAC's website. All of our vacancies for staff will be posted here as they arise.
Yorkshire MESMAC is a group of independent community based sexual health and social wellbeing services that are committed to developing and delivering services that are responsive to the needs of our communities.
We are seeking to appoint the following: Sessional Community PSE Outreach Worker (Leeds)
This post has a GOR (Genuine Occupational Requirement) which, in this instance, means that the post is only open to applicants who identify as male or as a user of male only spaces including trans men and non binary people.
- To undertake outreach work, covering the following target groups: Gay and Bisexual men, men who have sex with men, Gay community groups, areas/events where the above may go. This may include some evenings and weekends
Main Responsibilities & Duties
- Through outreach work, to engage with the target group in settings where they are.
- To promote safer sex with men who have sex with men through means compatible with Community Development.
- To deliver a programme of outreach work to public & semi-public sex environments e.g. parks, toilets, cruising sites, saunas, sex on premises venues, hook up apps
- To complete regular reports and monitoring on work done.
- To contribute to reports on the work of the Yorkshire MESMAC project in conjunction with Community Development Workers.
Salary: £10 per hour
This post is does not require a DBS check.
Application packs can be downloaded HERE
Closing date is: Noon (12:00pm) on Monday 8th October 2018
Please note that late applications and CV’s will not be accepted
Interviews will be on 18th October 2018.
We are striving to be an equal opportunities employer, and as such we welcome applications from all sections of the community. (Charity no 1040407).
We are a Disability Confident Employer:
As a Disability Confident Employer we:
• Have undertaken and successfully completed the Disability Confident
• Are taking all of the core actions to be a Disability Confident employer
• Are offering at least one activity to get the right people for our business and at least one activity to keep and develop our people.