Building Resilience - Wellbeing Workshops for HIV positive people
posted by Mark Tyson
on 16th April 2019
Three workshops will introduce key topics for discussion along with techniques and strategies to help us build and reinforce our emotional resilience. They will be led by Christine Blessing, Counselling co-ordinator, at Yorkshire MESMAC.
Discussion topics include:
- Identifying the key aspects of wellbeing – the key things that affect and impact on us – both physically and mentally
- Understanding and managing stress, anxiety and low mood/depression
- Dealing with isolation, relationships and acceptance of self
Throughout the workshop sessions we will be incorporating:
- The impact that our thoughts and beliefs can have on our general wellbeing – for good and bad
- An introduction to Mindfulness and meditation
- Using breathing and distraction techniques to relieve stress and anxiety
- The origins and use of positive affirmation and power of the mind
- An introduction to visualisation and mental rehearsal for change, confidence and empowerment
The workshop sessions are free and you can attend just one, two or all of them. They will be held on Mondays, the 20th May, 3rd June and 17th June.
Time: 6.30pm – 9pm
Venue: Yorkshire MESMAC 12 Cheapside WF1 2SD
Please call 01924 211 116 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your attendance as this will be a small group of people (limited places with confidentiality assured). Each session will begin with a shared meal/refreshments. Please let us know if you have any specific dietary requirements.