Welcome to the Vacancies section of Yorkshire MESMAC's website. All of our vacancies for staff will be posted here as they arise.
Yorkshire MESMAC is a group of independent community based sexual health and social wellbeing services that are committed to developing and delivering services that are responsive to the needs of our communities
We expect all our staff and sessional workers to be able to demonstrate the following core competencies.
- A commitment to equal opportunities and anti-oppressive practice.
- An ability to work with people from a wide range of backgrounds in a respectful and empowering way.
- A strong and full commitment to confidentiality.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- The ability to work as part of a diverse team.
We seeking to employ more PSE outreach workers to join our current team:
Sessional PSE Outreach Workers - Leeds
The overall aim of is to
- To reduce the prevalence of HIV/STI infection and poor sexual health within the MSM in Leeds
- To reduce late diagnosis of HIV and other STIs in Leeds
The primary objectives of the post are:
- To undertake outreach work, covering the following target groups:
Gay and Bisexual men, men who have sex with men, Gay community groups, areas/events where the above may go. This will include some evenings and weekends.
- To promote safer sex with men who have sex with men through means compatible with Community Development.
- To deliver a programme of outreach work to public sex environments e.g.toilets, parks, cruising sites and semi-public sex environments e.g. saunas, sex on premises venues. In particular to staff weekly sessions at Steam Complex Sauna in support of Armley Men’s Clinic.
- To complete regular reports and monitoring on work done.
- To contribute to reports on the work of the Yorkshire MESMAC project in conjunction with Community Development Workers.
- To undertake appropriate training of self as required.
- To undertake regular supervision.
- To work within Yorkshire MESMAC’s Equal Opportunities ethos.
Outreach to public sex environments is conducted mainly in the afternoons on a weekly basis and early evenings in the weekends. Sessions usually last 4 hrs and are flexible to meet the needs of MSM using the sites.
Outreach to the sauna will usually be undertaken between 12pm-3pm, 3pm-6pm or 4pm-7pm (the time is dependent on the day it is undertaken) on weekdays. Weekend sessions are usually once a month.
Salary: £10 per hour
Application packs can be downloaded here
Please note that late applications and CV's will not be accepted.
Closing date is Noon on Monday 12th September 2016
Interviews will be held on 22nd September 2016
We are striving to be an equal opportunities employer, and as such we welcome applications from all sections of the community. (Charity no 1040407).