HIV social support
The Begin Project provides support and advocacy for all people living with or affected by HIV in the Wakefield District. This includes 1-2-1 support, support groups and courses.
We are a Wakefield based HIV support service working with people living with and affected by HIV. The focus is to offer a quality service to all people living with HIV or AIDS in the Wakefield District.
We are currently providing support from three locations in Wakefield District: Wakefield, Castleford & Pontefract. Please get in touch about when we are offering services for the last two locations as they are once a month.
We provide free, confidential, flexible, culturally sensitive services including:
- 1-2-1 support
- Support group sessions
- Workshops and training on issues that matter to HIV positive people
- Advice and information
- Assistance applying for hardship grants
- Practical support and referrals to other services
- Help to access complementary therapies
- A variety of additional social activities and support