HIV & STI testing
In Leeds we offer free, fast and confidential HIV tests, as well as Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea tests. Our tests are aimed at gay, bisexual and men who have sex with men, trans and non-binary people.
As lockdown ends, we will be continuing our practices to keep our staff and service users safe:
- Please wear a face covering when entering our buildings (we can provide these for you if you haven't got one).
- Hand sanitising stations will be available.
- We will clean regular touch points between appointments.
- Please do not attend if you have COVID-19 symptoms, or if you have been in contact with COVID-19 in the past 72 hours. We will give you a call before your appointment to confirm this.
We are continuing with these practices so that we can increase the number of appointments available. Appointments will need to be booked in advance at bookatest.mesmac.co.uk.
We are still offering 1-2-1 support over the phone. To access this, please contact:
Paddy- 07767 668 428, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jordan- 07810 550 530, email@example.com
If you live in Leeds and are aged 16-24, you can order a home testing kit for Chlamydia from freetest.me.
Our services include:
- HIV tests which are accurate at 12 weeks and the results will come back in 5 minutes
- Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea 3 site self sampling tests accurate at 2 weeks
- Nurse led sessions for full screenings, Hep A, Hep B and HPV vaccinations, please see office drop ins for more information
- To book at test, please click here.
Other testing services
Due to the current situation with Coronavirus (COVID-19) we ask that you email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call them on 0113 244 4209 to arrange picking up a Click and Collect HIV test.
If you have recently had condom-less anal sex it’s a good idea to get a HIV test – treatments for HIV have never been better and the sooner you know your status the sooner you can take control of your health. To do the test you will need to prick your finger and provide a small sample of your blood in a bottle, you then put this in the post and you will get your results within five working days. You will be notified of your results via text message.
This test is highly accurate after 4 weeks, 100% after 8 weeks from when you may have come into contact with HIV.
If you have any more questions you can call us on 01132 444 209.
Click here to order a HIV test.
Any gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men, and Black African men and women, 16 years and over can order a HIV sampling kit online and have it delivered to your address in England. With the kit, you take a simple finger prick blood test and send it back to a laboratory for results and a referral to local confidential clinical and support services should this be required. Please check to see if you live in one of the 90+ local authorities where this service is now available.
The tests are provided by Test.HIV and can be ordered online from www.test.hiv
If you are not gay, bisexual or man who has sex with men
If you are not gay, bisexual or a man who has sex with other men this service is not aimed at you but there are lots of other places that you can access HIV testing around Leeds.
- You can make an appointment for a HIV test with your GP
- You can make an appointment for a HIV test at the Leeds Sexual Health Service by ringing 0113 392 0333 or booking via their website www.leedssexualhealth.com.
- If you are a member of a Black African Community you can access HIV testing via BHA Leeds Skyline - 0113 244 9767 or email: email@example.com