We offer a free and confidential counselling service in Leeds
Unfortunately referrals to our Leeds counselling service are closed for the time being. We envisage they will re-open towards the end of March 2020. We will update this notice should the position change. We are sorry that we cannot support you at this time.
If you feel you are in need of crisis emotional / mental health support - contact your GP or telephone the national support line of the Samaritans on 116 123 - their telephone line is open 24/7. Please feel free to refer into our service once referrals are re-opened if you feel you still need support from Yorkshire MESMAC.
If you are LGBT and looking for counselling support in Leeds around Depression or Anxiety, please email Leeds@mesmac.co.uk for signposting to services and more information.
Yorkshire MESMAC can offer six free counselling sessions in Leeds for:
- Gay, bisexual and men who have sex with men.
- Female partners of men who are attracted to men.
- Couples: both gay male couples and male/female couples, where the male partner is attracted to men.
- Young people (16-25 years) who are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans or questioning their sexual orientation or gender identity.
- A counsellor will not tell you what to do however they will provide you with the space to talk things through and find a way through your own problems.
- A counsellor is someone who is a good listener.
- A counsellor provides a confidential space.
- A counsellor is someone you can talk to who is not involved in your life.
- If you have been the victim of a hate crime or bullying because of your sexuality.
- If you are suffering because of your own or other people’s attitudes to 'coming out' and your sexuality.
- If you are suffering because of your own or other peoples' attitudes to your HIV status.
- If you feel you are not confident enough to negotiate the kind of sex or relationships you want.
- The information you give us will be sent to the Yorkshire MESMAC Counselling Coordinator via email, who will then pass it on to the most appropriate member of our counselling team.
- They will then contact the person being referred as soon as possible.
- If our Counselling Coordinator needs any more information from you they may contact you directly.
- No information that can identify the person being referred will be stored electronically once the referral is made.
- Yorkshire MESMAC’s Counselling Coordinator can be contacted directly in case of any queries on 07771 931 327.