We offer free and confidential counselling in Bradford.
Yorkshire MESMAC can offer free, short term local counselling in Bradford for:
- Gay, Bisexual and men who have sex with men.
- Female partners of men who are attracted to men.
- Couples: both gay male couples and male/female couples, where the male partner is attracted to men.
- Young people (16-25 years) who are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans or questioning their sexual orientation or gender.
- People living with HIV and their partners.
- Women who identify as Lesbian, Bisexual or who are questioning their sexual orientation.
- Trans communities and people who are questioning their gender.
This counselling is free if you are living in these areas and on a low income.
We can offer counselling for individuals and couples.
- A counsellor will not tell you what to do however they will provide you with the space to talk things through and find a way through your own problems.
- A counsellor is someone who is a good listener.
- A counsellor provides a confidential space.
- A counsellor is someone you can talk to who is not involved in your life.
- If you have been the victim of a hate crime or bullying because of your sexuality.
- If you are suffering because of your own or other people’s attitudes to your sexuality.
- If you are suffering because of your own or other peoples' attitudes to your HIV status.
- If you feel you are not confident enough to negotiate the kind of sex or relationships you want.
- If you are having difficulties "coming out" to yourself or others.
- The information you give us will be sent to the Yorkshire MESMAC Counselling Coordinator via email, who will then pass it on to the most appropriate member of our counselling team.
- They will then contact the person being referred as soon as possible.
- If our Counselling Coordinator needs any more information from you they may contact you directly.
- No information that can identify the person being referred will be stored electronically once the referral is made.
- Yorkshire MESMAC’s Counselling Coordinator can be contacted directly in case of any queries on 07771 931 327.