Time to Shine Community Development Worker - Older LGBT+ Adults (Leeds) - 18.5 hrs
Yorkshire MESMAC is a group of independent community based sexual health and social wellbeing services that are committed to developing and delivering services that are responsive to the needs of our communities.
We are seeking to appoint the following: Time to Shine Community Development Worker Older LGBT+ Adults (Leeds).
This role is co-located with Yorkshire MESMAC and Age UK Leeds, approximately 2/3rds to 1/3rd respectively.
- To decrease social isolation experienced by Older LGBT+ Adults in Leeds as part of the Big Lottery funded Time to Shine programme.
- To involve Older LGBT+ Adults at every level of the services that serve them
- To develop and support a steering group of Older LGBT+ Adults to oversee the project, evaluate and where appropriate deliver aspects of it.
- To develop and deliver a programme of training for Older people’s service providers
- To increase social opportunities for socially isolated Older LGBT+ Adults (groups/events)
- To recruit, train and support project volunteers, including Older LGBT+ Adults, to roles including:
- Community speakers
- Steering group member
- Group facilitator
- To undertake outreach work, to reach Older LGBT+ Adults, community groups, areas & events where they meet.
- To develop forums, groups and events that meet the needs of Older LGBT+ Adults
Main Responsibilities & Duties (list not exhaustive – please refer to the application pack for more details)
- To assess needs in relation to social isolation experienced by Older LGBT+ adults.
- To participate in the development and distribution of health & social care campaigns organised by the project and other agencies: local, national and international.
- To develop ways of working around perceived, felt and expressed needs of Older LGBT+ Adults in conjunction with Yorkshire MESMAC and Equity Partnership management and staff teams.
- To represent the project on relevant bodies and committees as identified by the Yorkshire MESMAC Operations Manager - West and North Ridings, Chief Executive and/or the Age UK Leeds Ageing Well Manager
- To support volunteers working with the project. Providing supervision, training and support as well as helping develop the volunteer roles that exist and creating new roles when necessary.
Salary: NJC scale 6 point 26 starting at £24,799 per annum pro rata for 18.5 hours per week. Fixed term contract until 31st March 2021. There is a 5% workplace pension and membership of Simply Health (on completion of probationary period). Salary is reviewed annually. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS with barred lists check.
Application packs (along with the job description and person specification) can be downloaded below. You may want to save/print these if you submit an application as it may be useful if you are shortlisted for an interview.
Completed applications to be sent to email@example.com by the closing date.
Closing date is: Noon on Thursday 22nd August 2019.
Please note that late applications and CV’s will not be accepted
Interviews will be on Wednesday 4th September 2019.
We are striving to be an equal opportunities employer, and as such we welcome applications from all sections of the community. (Charity no 1040407).
As a Disability Confident Employer we:
• Have undertaken and successfully completed the Disability Confident self-assessment • Are taking all of the core actions to be a Disability Confident employer • Are offering at least one activity to get the right people for our business and at least one activity to keep and develop our people.