Sessional PSE Outreach Worker (Leeds)
Come and join our dynamic team in Leeds where we have an exciting opportunity for a Sessional PSE Outreach Worker to help us undertake outreach work (physical and online) with men who have sex with men. Yorkshire MESMAC is a group of independent community based sexual health and social wellbeing services that are committed to developing and delivering services that are responsive to the needs of our communities.
We are seeking to appoint the following: Sessional PSE Outreach Worker (Leeds)
This post has a GOR (Genuine Occupational Requirement) which, in this instance, means that the post is only open to applicants who identify as male or as a user of male only spaces including trans men and non binary people.
- To reduce the incidence of HIV and STI infection across Leeds in most at risk populations (MARPs; including Men who have sex with men, Sex Workers, LGBT Communities and African communities) by using targeted online & physical outreach to connect people to sexual health testing and support services.
- To promote better sexual health across Leeds.
- To deliver targeted online outreach to MARP’s using platforms such as Grindr, Squirt & sex worker/escort websites using the official Yorkshire MESMAC accounts to maintain a robust online presence whilst promoting HIV prevention and community testing opportunities in Leeds.
- To deliver targeted physical outreach to Public Sex Environments (PSE) such as sauna’s and cruising areas to engage and support the sexual health of MARP’s whilst delivering information and resources to specific areas in Leeds.
- To work with Yorkshire MESMAC workers to direct targeted messages and campaigns to MARP’s, as well as to ensure up-to-date information regarding MESMAC and partner services is passed on to service users.
- To make onward referrals or signposts to partner agencies and services when appropriate.
- To deliver other ad-hoc community-based HIV prevention work at events such as Pride, National HIV Testing Week, LGBT History Month, University open days and other opportunities.
Main Responsibilities & Duties (please refer to the job description for full details)
- Through physical and online outreach work, to engage with the target group in the appropriate settings.
- To promote safer sex with men who have sex with men through means compatible with Community Development.
- To deliver a programme of outreach work to public & semi-public sex environments e.g. saunas, sex on premises venues, cruising areas.
- To complete regular reports and monitoring on work done.
- To contribute to reports on the work of the Yorkshire MESMAC project in conjunction with Community Development Workers.
- To undertake appropriate training of self as required.
- To undertake regular supervision.
- To work within Yorkshire MESMAC’s Equal Opportunities ethos.
Salary: £10 per hour
This for a minimum of 3 hours per week, although extra hours may be available on an ad hoc basis. (These sessions may be in the evening and/or on weekends). You also must be able to drive and have access to your own car to apply for this role due to the locations of the outreach.
It may be beneficial to download and save the job description and person specification if you submit an application as this may be useful if you are successful in getting an interview.
Completed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
Closing date is: Noon on Tuesday 10th November 2020
Please note that late applications and CV’s will not be accepted
If your application is successful then Interviews will be on Friday 20th November 2020. Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions it is likely that the interviews will be conducted via Zoom.
We are striving to be an equal opportunities employer, and as such we welcome applications from all sections of the community. (Charity no 1040407). We are a disability confident employer.