Mental Health & Wellbeing Co-ordinator (22 hours)
Yorkshire MESMAC are a group of independent community based sexual health and social wellbeing services that are committed to developing and delivering services that are responsive to the needs of our communities.
We are recruiting for a Mental Health & Wellbeing Coordinator (22 hours)
· To manage and develop Yorkshire MESMAC’s mental health & wellbeing offer in the Yorkshire region, with a focus on people from LGBT+ and BAME communities and People living with HIV
· To identify and apply for funding streams to support Yorkshire MESMAC’s work in supporting positive mental health and wellbeing.
· To develop, manage and maintain Yorkshire MESMAC's Mental Health and Wellbeing projects including the recruitment and management of counsellors.
· To build upon Yorkshire MESMAC’s LGBT+ sports and mental health and wellbeing work.
· To expand Yorkshire MESMAC’s portfolio of projects to include work on suicide prevention, tackling anxiety and depression and behaviours that impact on mental health e.g. drug & alcohol use.
Main Tasks & Duties
1. To identify funding streams which support Mental Health and Wellbeing for Yorkshire MESMAC’s beneficiaries across the Yorkshire region.
2. In conjunction with Senior Management Team, to write funding bids and grant applications to facilitate the growth of Yorkshire MESMAC’s Mental Health and Wellbeing offer.
3. To be the lead point of contact within the organisation for Mental Health and Wellbeing.
4. In conjunction with the Admin Team, maintain the administration systems and manage the budgets of Yorkshire MESMAC’s Mental Health and Wellbeing projects.
5. To oversee and authorise expenses claims relating to Mental Health and Wellbeing projects.
6. To participate in and develop appropriate networks and to support the wider Mental Health and Wellbeing infrastructure.
7. To complete regular reports on Mental Health and Wellbeing projects.
8. To participate in staff meetings.
9. To ensure that Yorkshire MESMAC's commitment to equal opportunities is reflected in all aspects of work and service delivery.
10. To respect and maintain confidentiality and GDPR at all times in relation to staff, individuals and groups who use Yorkshire MESMAC's buildings and services.
11. To undertake regular supervision.
12. To undertake training and self-development as required.
13. To attend appropriate external meetings.
14. To carry out any other reasonable tasks as requested by the Yorkshire MESMAC Operations Manager or Chief Executive.
Location: This is negotiable from one of the following: Bradford, Hull, Leeds or Rotherham.
Salary: NJC salary points 23 - 25 starting at £27,741 pro rata per annum for 22 hours per week. This is a 2 year fixed term contract. Salary is reviewed annually. There is a 5% workplace pension (on completion of probationary period). This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check with barred list.
The following documents can be downloaded
Closing date for completed application packs is Noon on Monday 20th December 2021.
Completed applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date. Please note that late applications and CV’s will not be accepted.
If your application is successful then Interviews will be held in Leeds on Monday 17th January 2022.
Yorkshire MESMAC value diversity and are an equal opportunities employer, as well as a Disability Confident employer. Applications are welcome from all suitably skilled persons from all sections of the community. (Charity no 1040407)