Community Development Worker - Commercial Sex Workers (maternity cover) - Hull
Come and join our dynamic team in Hull where we have an exciting opportunity for a Community Development Worker to help us promote positive sexual health messages among Commercial Sex Workers in Hull.
We are seeking to appoint the following:
Community Development Worker – Commercial Sex Workers (Maternity Cover)
- To reduce the incidence of STI infection and poor sexual health during sex between people in Hull.
- To reduce late diagnosis of HIV in Hull.
- To develop expertise in and focus the majority of work on the target group assigned to this role. To maintain and use the skills required to work with all population groups where necessary.
- To undertake outreach work, focusing on the Commercial sex workers
- To carry out outreach work to Public Sex Environments, semi public sex environments and sex on premises venues and other settings; virtual and physical where Commercial sex workers may meet to have sex or arrange sex and to monitor and evaluate the work at regular intervals.
- To develop forums, groups and events that meet the needs of Commercial sex workers.
- To offer information and sexual health resources, including condoms and lube in a variety of settings; including over the telephone, face to face and over internet.
- To deliver appropriate community based sexual health interventions including HIV point of care tests (POCT) and chlamydia tests to the Commercial sex workers in community settings.
- To market these services, monitor and evaluate them.
- To work in partnership, with appropriate agencies, to develop these services further.
Main Responsibilities & Duties (list not exhaustive – please refer to the job description and person specification on our website for more details)
- To assess needs in relation to safer sex and sexual health of the Commercial sex workers and higher risk sub-groups identified with in this target group.
- To develop ways of working around perceived, felt and expressed needs of the Commercial sex workers around safer sex, in conjunction with the Operations Manager and Yorkshire MESMAC Community Development Workers.
- To provide relevant, accurate and accessible information focusing on the needs of the Commercial sex workers allowing them to make informed choices about their sexual health.
- To develop a programme of outreach work, in conjunction with Yorkshire MESMAC Community Development Workers and the Hull & East Yorkshire Operations Manager.
Salary: NJC scale 6 (points 19 - 22) starting at £24,799 per annum for 37 hours per week. This is to cover maternity leave for at least 1 year. The expected start date is due to be February 2020. There is a 5% workplace pension and membership of Simply Health (on completion of probationary period). Salary is reviewed annually. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS with barred lists check.
It may be beneficial to download and/or save the job description and person specification as these may be useful if your application is successful.
Completed applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
Closing date is: 9 am on Friday 3rd January 2020
Please note that late applications and CV’s will not be accepted
If your application is successful then Interviews will be on Wednesday 15th January 2020
We are striving to be an equal opportunities employer, and as such we welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are a Disability Confident employer. (Charity no 1040407).