We offer counselling to communities in Leeds, Bradford and Wakefield.
Yorkshire MESMAC can offer Gay affirmative counselling in Leeds, Bradford and Wakefield for:
- Gay, Bisexual and men who have sex with men
- Female partners of men who are attracted to men
- Young Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual or Trans people under the age of 25
- HIV positive people who live in in Wakefield
This counselling is free if you are living in these areas and on a low income.
We can offer counselling for individuals and couples.
We also have counsellors who can work with you in Farsi.
• A counsellor will not tell you what to do however they will provide you with the space to talk things through and find a way through your own problems.
• A counsellor is someone who is a good listener.
• A counsellor provides a confidential space.
• A counsellor is someone you can talk to who is not involved in your life.
If you feel this is what you need please complete this form.
• The information you give us will be sent to the Yorkshire MESMAC Counselling Coordinator via email, who will then pass it on to the most appropriate member of our counselling team.
• They will then contact the person being referred as soon as possible.
• If our Counselling Coordinator needs any more information from you they may contact you directly.
• No information that can identify the person being referred will be stored electronically once the referral is made.
• Yorkshire MESMAC’s Counselling Coordinator can be contacted directly in case of any queries on 07771 931 327.
- If you are suffering from depression or anxiety
- If you are having problems in a relationship
- If your partner or a close friend has died or left you
- If you have been the victim of a crime or bullying
- If you are suffering because of your own or other people’s attitudes to your sexuality
- If you feel that you are not looking after yourself properly because you feel bad about yourself
- If you are living with HIV or any other illness that affects your life
- If you feel you are not confident enough to negotiate the kind of sex or relationships you want
- If you are having sexual problems
- If you are having difficulties "coming out" to yourself or others